Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Today I Don't Feel Like Doing Anything

So I have the incredible fortune of being able to stay at home while pregnant.  This doesn't mean I don't do anything.  Okay, for the most part, I don't do anything.  So I've decided to accompany my pregnancy with a theme song.

 

Thank you Bruno Mars.  Every event in life should have a theme song and you just made the list for this one.
Now, unfortunately, doing nothing can only go so far.  I mean, I have responsibilities! Like, yesterday I threw away hundreds of plastic hangers.  And I did a load of laundry.  I know, I'm like Wonder Woman, right?
So Josh wanted me to bake a cake for a friend.  I didn't want to bake a cake for anyone.  Not even a wonderful friend.  Josh wasn't exactly thrilled with me as we IMed while he was at work.
Josh: Can you please just bake the cake?
Me: I don't want to bake a cake.  I'll have to make everything and find piping bags and go to the store and clean it all up.
Josh: I'll clean it up.
Me: ugh. 
Josh: You're at home all day.  I think you can do this one thing.
Me: Fine. I'll make the damn cake. What do you want for dinner?
Josh: Don't be mad honey.
Me: I'm sorry. I don't know what my aversion to this cake is.  I'm sorry I was being a brat.
Josh: ok
Me: You're supposed to say, you're not a brat honey, you're a beautiful human being and I love you no matter what.
Josh: I do but you were being a brat.
Me: You smell like month old cheese.

As you can see, we have very adult conversations and always solve our problems with words like big boys and girls.  And the truth is, I wasn't sorry for being a brat but I just wanted to end the stupid argument and buy a cake at Publix.  And I will bake the damn cake.  But first I have to watch last night's episodes of Secret Life and Switched at Birth.  I just feel like it's so hard to get everything done with so few hours in a day!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...