Sunday, August 21, 2011

Krispy Kreme Fail

Today was our weekly jaunt to the grocery store.  It used to be a lot more planned, but since being pregnant I kind of wander around aimlessly searching for whatever calls out to me.  For instance, last week, I could hear the Claussen baby dills calling me from across the store.  Why do they keep those things next to the deli meat?
So for most of my pregnancy I've been craving salty things, which is very unusual for me.  I'm pretty satisfied with my sodium intake this far, although I still haven't had my canned corned beef hash.  I might have to go get that tomorrow when Josh is out of the house.  Josh likes to stand in the way of me and my cravings because he doesn't think they're healthy.  But just recently, I've been back to craving sweets.  I used to run my own baking business and everyone asked if I couldn't imagine eating more cake.  I always looked at them like they were insane.  How on earth could one possibly get enough cake?  So the past week or so, I've been seriously craving some Krispy Kreme action.  Well, today in the grocery store, while Josh was picking out his mangoes, I headed over to look at the legendary confections.  I thought they only had the plain chocolate glaze but with a bit of rifling through, guess what I found?

Hello Lover.
I can eat half a dozen of these babies in the blink of an eye.  Seriously, why can't the whole world be Krispy Kreme glazed?  I put my find in the cart and headed over to the dairy section to stock up on some provolone for my daily cheese sandwich.  Lo and behold, who appears out of the shadows?  My evil health conscious husband.  Some might even refer to him as a "hater."  He doesn't even look at me as he swoops down on the cart like a crazed bat.  As he pulls the box of donuts out of my cart, he says, "Um, sorry.  We don't need these donuts."  I'm like, "Excuse me,  This does not involve you.  We need donuts" (pointing to my protruding belly)  Josh sighs, "Honey, these are 100% sugar."  As a mom walks by with her son, I proceed to kick my husband and whine at him that I need the donuts.  He shrugs and walks away with my sugary prize.  The rest of our shopping trip as he leans down to pick up different items, I push my belly in his face saying in a high pitched voice, "Daddy, why do you hate us? Don't you care about what we want at all?"  Apparently not.  Although, I did manage to throw some carrot cake and birthday cake ice cream in the cart before we left the store so it wasn't a total loss.  I think for Josh's birthday I'll make him a cake out of Krispy Kreme donuts-with a candle shaped like a huge middle finger sticking out the top of it. 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...