Monday, October 10, 2011

A Total Waste of Money: A Product Review

Yesterday Josh and I took our weekly trip to the grocery store.  Josh picked out fruit and vegetables while I stared at the prepackaged caramel wondering how each little thing could possibly provide enough caramel for one apple.  Eventually we made it to the cereal aisle.  I was running out of Honey Nut Cheerios and needed to restock. 

Here are a few of my favorite cereals:


*Notice that these cereals have WHOLE GRAIN.  That's good for you, right?  Well, Josh (the sugar police) never liked me eating these cereals before pregnancy and definitely doesn't approve of them now.
If you're ever in the Brookhaven area and see an adult woman throwing a hissy fit in the cereal aisle at the local grocery store, c'mon over and say hi.

Needless to say, every week we have to find a compromise.  This week, I happened upon this jolly box:

Looks like cinnamon toast crunch, right?  Well, you are Totally wrong.  This is not cinnamon toast crunch.  Here's what was so enticing about this box of breakfast goodness:
Yes, you're looking at this right-this box has like 100% of everything you need in your daily diet-which should have been an indication to me that it would taste like Total crap.  It's like General Mills went and sprinkled cinnamon on dog food and cardboard, mixed them up and stuck them in this pristine little box.  Another unnoticed indication that I wouldn't like this cereal was that there's no mascot.  I wonder who'd they pick anyway-a 95 year old man whose teeth had all fallen out?

Final Product Review: Don't buy this stuff.  It tastes like Total poop on a stick.  You'll Totally wonder why you spent over $4 on a box on 15.4 ounces of sweetened dog food.  I miss you Cinnamon Toast Crunch.  I'm sorry I ever doubted you.  I Totally am.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...