Saturday, September 17, 2011

The Dumbest Inventions Ever

Welcome to the first installment of The Dumbest Inventions Ever.  I can't guarantee there will actually be other installments as I have trouble committing to things and get bored easily.
Today's invention is something I have hated for many years but came across today multiple times over and decided I had to blog about it and welcome your comments telling me if you hate it as much as I do or if you love it (in which case I will stalk you and make your life miserable.)

The process of planning for babies is super fun and involves making big decisions like what cribs, car seats, strollers, etc...to get.  The stroller thing is important because kids can't walk at first, and then they can walk, but not very well, and then they can walk better, but not very fast.  And you need a stroller so your whiny kid will stop saying, "I'm tired! Pick me up! I wanna go home!"  Trust me kid.  I feel the same way and nobody bought me a cushy $500 stroller.

So today Josh and I went for a walk at an outdoor festival where there were tons of kids and tons of dogs.  There were also some dogs that looked like bears but that's another post for another day.  Now the one useless item I saw out today multiple times was the doggy stroller.  WTF.  Why the hell does your dog need a stroller?  People have two legs and we can walk fine.  Dogs have four freakin' legs.  I think that's a decent indication that they can walk.

I am a sissy dog.

So today there were like dozens of these damn things at the festival.  A family of 4 even had one for their dog and the dad was the one pushing the stroller.  I wonder who wears the pants in that family.  I'll give you a hint.  It's not the wussy dad pushing the pink puppy stroller.
Another woman with her doggy stroller went to the extreme.  She and her dog were actually wearing matching silk floral outfits.  Is it wrong to tell people they look ridiculous or would that be more like community service?
So I've decided I'm going to start a campaign for dogs everywhere.  I'm in the process of printing shirts and banners for the next outdoor festival.  I have a few phrases already but welcome more.




 Join the fight now to save the world from stupid.

2 comments:

  1. PLEASE make your next "Dumbest Inventions" post be about those stupid backpack/monkey tail/child leash contraptions.

    Here's one in case you need a refresher on these ri-DONC-ulous items. http://ow.ly/6xkMB

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks so much for the suggestion. I've added it to my list. And I love the pic. Totally want to hire him to be my blog model. But he has to wear the monkey.

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...