Thursday, December 1, 2011

'Tis the Season

Well, folks.  It's December.
Great things are happening this month.
It's Christmas!  It's Hannukah!  The babies are coming!

This is the month where I light Hannukah candles and listen to Christmas music.  I'm a Jew who's a sucker for everything Christmas. 

Like Christmas in the Mall!  Who doesn't love walking into Macy's in December?  With the wreaths hanging and all the shiny jewelry just calling out to you, "Buy me!  Spend all your money here!  Don't worry, you have a money tree!"

It seriously is the most wonderful time of the year.  Until New Year's Eve.  And then Valentines Day and every other holiday because I love celebrations.  And cake.

So I was looking online for places to go see Christmas lights.  I have a lot of free time on my hands and don't know if I'll even go see Christmas lights but I at least wanted options.

Well, turns out there are lights and carriage rides in Piedmont Park in midtown.  Let me tell you the problem with this option, as romantic as it sounds.  Carriages are pulled by horses.  If you're a reader of my blog you know a simple fact about me.  I hate horses.  I have listed the reasons before but let me just give you my favorite one.  Horses smell like their own sh*t.  I mean, I probably wouldn't hang out with a person that smelled like that so I don't understand why horses should be any different.

So I'm still looking for good light displays.  Preferably ones that go with music.  And maybe have a menorah and dreidels.  I'm all about equal opportunities.

In other news:
We got another baby gift yesterday.  Sort of.

Here is the packing slip that came with the gift:


Based on the packing slip, I suspected 2 slip covers for our babies' Boppy pillows.  (Don't get me started on stupid baby product names-Boppy, Bumbo, Binky...)

But instead, this is what came in our package:


Way to go Babies R Us.  You rock at shipping.  And, even more disappointing, these say for ages 6 and up.  So the babies can't even use them yet.

I am thoroughly disappointed and totally buying a nerf gun to shoot Josh in the head.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...