Saturday, November 19, 2011

I'm Like Martha Stewart...With Cankles

"How the hell did this happen?" I yell pleadingly at Josh as I look down at my feet that flow right into my calves.  My ankles have disappeared.  They went to the same place as my flat stomach, my sanity, my ability to properly digest carbs and the view below my belly button.

In the process of becoming a waddling duck-like fat person, what hasn't disappeared is my Martha Stewart-like love of all things crafty and girly.  Although I'm still waiting for Martha to come out of the closet.  Not that that has anything to do with being crafty or girly, I'm just saying.

My sister invited us to her house for the Georgia/Kentucky game today.  I may have graduated from Georgia but I don't go for the games.  I go to dress cute and eat food.  It's all about the food.

So yesterday I baked some pumpkin spice cupcakes with cinnamon buttercream frosting and decided they needed a little something extra before I brought them to the game day celebration.


So I made some Georgia pumpkin cupcake toppers.  Josh came home yesterday and was like, "What are you doing?"  I told him I was making cupcake toppers.  He didn't exactly understand the point.  I stated it simply, "I'm busy, not crying and not peeing my pants.  So this is a good thing."


 Silas, the dog, wanted cupcakes too but I don't share with dogs.  They walk on 4 legs and smell.  That's just not normal.  Although, as far as dogs go, Silas isn't so bad.


I can tell you one thing about these cupcakes.  They're not on my Gestational Diabetes diet.  Maybe if I eat one with a hard boiled egg and some almonds.  Because that sounds appetizing. 

My cankles and I are going to go sulk.

2 comments:

  1. I remember when my ankles came BACK and I thought "THAT'S what my feet look like?!?!" They seemed all bony and too-skinny. Don't worry, it didn't take that long. :)
    Enjoy the last bit of pregnancy! You look adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks Jaim! I'm working on it and counting down the days to babies!

    ReplyDelete

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...