Thursday, January 5, 2012

Tummy Time-Ancient Baby Torture or New Wave Strength Competition?

Our pediatrician, all the baby books and everyone I know with babies recommends "tummy time" to help babies develop neck muscles that will help prevent SIDS when babies are in the crib and able to move their own head away from foreign objects.

When I was a baby, we had tummy time too.  Essentially it meant my mom put me to sleep on my stomach for 8 hours or more at a time and hoped I didn't suffocate.  Huge no-no today but interesting nonetheless.

I don't even know if we ever had car seats.  I think my parents just threw me in the back of the car and said we'll see you when we get there.

So now I have a very sweet video to share of us torturing our children.
Have a wonderful day.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...