Saturday, January 14, 2012

Through The Baby Monitor

The babies have a sound machine in their bedroom to help them sleep at night.  Which means that through the baby monitor each night I'm listening to a combination of grunty, gassy babies and Darth Vader's ominous breathing.  Let's just say I know why most new parents aren't exactly having a sexy time in the bedroom. 

This past week was Josh's first week back at work, which could be the explanation for why I haven't blogged but it's not.  I was actually catching up on the DVR.  I pretty much do what I did when I was pregnant, except in the company of two infants who are always hungry.  And poop.  A lot.

This morning, because Josh was here, I took my first shower of the week.  Okay, not really.  But my first good LONG shower of the week.  I don't think we'll have hot water until later this evening.  The problem is, even though I'm no longer pregnant, I'm still full of raging hormones.  So every night I sweat in my sleep like it's my job.  I have to wash the sheets every morning.  And I wake up smelling like I just hiked through the Sahara for 48 hours.  In August. 
That might be another reason why our bed isn't exactly the sexiest place on earth right now. 

Today was also my first outing alone.  I left the kids with my poor husband after their 8am feeding to go to the bank and Babies R Us.  You wouldn't think either place would be so exciting but if you happened to be on Ashford Dunwoody Road this morning around 8:45, you would see the crazy girl in the CRV singing at the top of her lungs to country music with the windows down in 31 degree weather like she was heading for a night out on the town.

In other news, my body is slowly returning to normal.  I try on my jeans every day.  And every day, I put on sweats.  I tried to give myself liposuction with the suction-y part of the bottle cleaner but it didn't work.

And for your viewing pleasure, a video of our babies on the couch after we wake them up in the morning right before their feeding.




No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...